Inventor Advanced Training
Inventor Advanced Course Overview
This course will introduce you the fundamental principles of sheet metal design. You will learn how to create and manage sheet metal designs; understand basic sheet metal concepts, and builds on them to include complex modeling practices for forming sheet metal parts, assemblies, and drawings.
The primary objective of this courseware is to provide students with a thorough understanding of the sheet metal design, validation, and documentation processes necessary for developing products using Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal.
What Will You Learn?
- Describe the terms and concepts of sheet metal design, create a sheet metal part and manage sheet metal styles.
- Explain the characteristics of a face, flange, contour flange, and hem sheet metal feature and create them.
- Create sheet metal designs by employing skeletal modeling, using legacy flat pattern and 3D models.
- Create and edit sheet metal drawings and document them using annotation tools designed specifically for sheet metal drawings.
Who Should Attend?
Users of Autodesk Inventor Essentials.
- Exploring user interface of Autodesk Inventor sheet metal
- Sheet metal concept and terminologies
- Benefit of each sheet metal design methods
- Understand sheet metal templates and rules
- Starting with a base features
- Creating secondary flange features
- Folding and bending
- Cuts and Hole
- Unfold and refold
- Mirror and pattern features
- Exploring the flat pattern edit features
- Adding manufacturing information
- Using flat pattern definition dialog box
- Manufacturing flat pattern
- Sketching on flat pattern
- Link Autodesk Inventor knowledge for creating custom drawing for sheet metal design
- Adding bend, punch and flat pattern annotation
- Punch table
- Cosmetic centerlines
- Accessing frame generator tool
- Work with frame file
- Skeleton model
- Specify a structural shape
- Changing the orientation and placement
- Using change tool
- Trim and extend
- Notch frame member
- Remove end treatment
- Author and publish a part
- Create BOMs for frame generator assembly
- Exploring weldment design methodologies
- Weld preparation and machining features
- Cosmetic Welds
- Weld beads
- Fillet welds
- Groove welds
- Weld properties and combinations
- Use weld symbol
- End fill
- Generating BOM across welded assembly
- Create and edit iLogic rules
- Use multi-value list parameters
- Use conditional statements
- Suppress features
- Work with iProperties