Technical Specifications: Just like the name, this scanner is made handy for you! With its ergonomic design that will maximize your grip comfort. It is also 40% more accurate with a volumetric accuracy of 60m/m, and 25 times faster than former generation.
Usage: HandyScan 3D can be used at any time at all stages of product lifecycle management
Accuracy: Refer below
PORTABLE 3D SCANNERS: HANDYSCAN 3D
When accuracy meets portability. Introducing the HandySCAN 3D laser scanners.The HandySCAN 3D™ handheld scanners of new generation have been optimized to meet the needs of product development and engineering professionals on the lookout for the most effective and reliable way to acquire 3D measurements of physical objects.
Creaform’s flagship metrology-grade scanners underwent a complete re-engineering, building on its core assets. They are now more portable and they are faster at delivering accurate and high resolution 3D scans while remaining overly simple to use. Yet, it is their true portability that has changed the rules and set a whole new trend in the 3D scanning market.
25 times faster than the previous generation
40% more accurate
Greater freedom of movement
Multi-function buttons for easier interaction with the software
Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.002 in.), high repeatability and traceable
- Accuracy in real-life conditions: regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user.
- No rigid setup required: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Self-positioning: the HandySCAN 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
- Stand-alone device: there is no need for an external positioning system, arms, tripod or fixture.
- On-the-go scanning: you can take it from place to place or use it in-house or on site.
- Lightweight: 0.94 kg.
- Small: Fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
- Easy access to confined spaces
- 11 laser crosses scanning area
- Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 130,000,000 measures/s.
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files, right as you complete acquisition.
- Quick workflow integration: usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD software without post-processing.
- User-friendly: very short learning curve, regardless of the user’s experience level.
- Quick set-up: up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Direct mesh output: no complicated alignment or point cloud processing.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or color.
|HandySCAN BLACK™||HandySCAN BLACK™|Elite|
|ACCURACY(1)||0.035 mm||0.025 mm|
(based on part size)
|0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m||0.020 mm + 0.040 mm/m|
|VOLUMETRIC ACCURACY WITH MaxSHOT Next™|Elite(3)||0.020 mm + 0.015 mm/m|
|MEASUREMENT RESOLUTION||0.025 mm|
|MESH RESOLUTION||0.100 mm|
|MEASUREMENT RATE||800,000 measurements/s||1,300,000 measurements/s|
|LIGHT SOURCE||7 blue laser crosses||11 blue laser crosses (+1 extra line)|
|LASER CLASS||2M (eye safe)|
|SCANNING AREA||310 × 350 mm|
|STAND-OFF DISTANCE||300 mm|
|DEPTH OF FIELD||250 mm|
|PART SIZE RANGE
|OUTPUT FORMATS||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr, .3mf|
|COMPATIBLE SOFTWARE||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks),
Dassault (CATIA V5 and SOLIDWORKS), PTC (Creo), Siemens (NX and Solid Edge),
Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage)
|DIMENSION (L×W×H)||79 x 142 x 288 mm|
|CONNECTION STANDARD||1 X USB 3.0|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE||5–40°C|
|OPERATING HUMIDITY RANGE
|CERTIFICATION||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive),
compatible with rechargeable batteries (when applicable), IP50, WEEE
|PATENTS||CA 2,600,926, CN 200680014069.3, US 7,912,673, CA 2,656,163, EP (FR, UK, DE) 1,877,726,
AU 2006222458, US 8,032,327, JP 4,871,352, US 8,140,295, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,278,271,
EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,230,482, IN 266,573, US 7,487,063, CA 2,529,044, EP (FR, UK, DE) 3,102,908,
US 15/114,563, CN 201580007340X
The Ultimate Reference in Portable Metrology
Inquiry - HandySCAN 3D
Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch soon.