Inventor Advanced C Plastic Design Features
Advanced Plastic Design Features Course Overview
This course will introduce you the fundamental principles of mold design for plastic parts. You will learn how to create a mold cavity and core, design the injection feeding systems as well as other required components for a mold. You will also learn how to analyze and document design using Inventor Tooling.
The primary objective of this courseware is to provide users with a thorough understanding of the principle requirements and components of a plastic part mold; how to design, validate and document an injection mold design using Autodesk Inventor
What Will You Learn?
- Describe the characteristics and process of creating a plastic part mold design and begin the process of creating a mold assembly.
- Create the mold core and cavity after configuring and analyzing the part.
- Complete the creation of a mold design by adding mold layout features and assembly design components.
- Analyze the overall mold design, generate 2D drawings and explain how to provide DWF files to others
Who Should Attend?
Users of Autodesk Inventor Essentials.
- Plastic injected part design
- Create a mold assembly
- Adjust and pattern a placed part
- Thicken and offset
- Differentiate shell and split
- Understand grill and rest
- Rule fillet
- Understand boss and snap
- Creating lip and groove
- Rib, web and draft
- Gate position, material shrinkage and workpiece definition
- Analysis for optimization
- Parting design
- Core/cavity inserts
- Creating runners, gates and cold wells
- Creating mold base
- Ejecting part
- Sprue bushings and locating rings
- Cooling system
- Lock sets
- Combining mold components
- Analysis for verification
- Communicating mold design