Essentials Course Overview
In this course, students will learn features, functionalities and workflows in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight through hands-on exercises. Students learn how to become more efficient in creating digital prototypes, running analysis and interpreting results of most analysis types available in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight.
To guide and teach students skills in performing FEA analysis and understanding analysis results using Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight.
What Will You Learn?
- Navigate and use the interface.
- Meshing workflow.
- Fee system and cooling system design and modeling.
- How to complete cool, flow and warp analysis.
- How to evaluate your simulation results.
- How to generate reports.
Who Should Attend?
New user of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight. Prior mold analysis experience is not necessary
- Learn how to navigate and use interface (Synergy)
- Learn Moldflow design Philosophy and procedures
- Use flow charts to discuss optimization of filling, packing and warpage of a part
- Discuss mesh characteristics necessary
- Discuss mesh errors and density requirement
Model Translation & Cleanup
- Learn to import, mesh and repair mesh
- Use local refinement and meshing options
- Discuss gate placement guidelines
- Uses of the gate location analysis
Molding Window Analysis
- Learn the procedures to follow to complete molding window analysis
- Learn to interpret molding window analysis result
- Discuss results types
- Discuss results manipulation and interpretation
- Learn in detail the process settings for fill analysis
Flow Leader & Deflector
- Learn how to use flow leader and deflector to change flow pattern
Gate & Runner Design
- Describe typical gate and runner designs
- Learn how to model gate and runner
- Review of definition
- Procedures to set packing profile
- Review how to interpret results from packing analysis
- An overview of the importance of cooling
- Review the basic concepts of cooling injection molds
Modeling Cooling Components
- Learn how to model various features in a cooling analysis
- Solve cooling problem by modifying an existing cooling system with your design
Using Valve Gate
- Discuss valve gate control methods
- Learn how to set up valve gate
- An overview of the causes of warpage and shrinkage models used in the simulation
Design Influences on Warpage
- An overview of the causes of warpage and shDiscuss the contributions to warpage with respect to part design, mold design, processing conditions and materialsrinkage models used in the simulation
Warpage Analysis Process
- Discuss the procedure for running a warpage analysis related to cooling, filling and packing
Determine Magnitude of Warpage
- Discuss the procedure for determining how much the part will warp
Determine the Cause of Warpage
- Discuss the procedurLearn how to determine if the major cause of warpage is differential cooling, differential shrinkage, orientation effects or corner effects for determining how much the part will warp
- Review of the job manager features and capabilities
- Show ways to create reports
- Discuss the different formats available
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Communicator
- Review features and capability of ASMC
- Review how to create MFR files in Synergy
- Learn how to create personal databases
Duplicating Actual Molding Process
- Review steps to duplicate an actual molding process in Moldflow
Fiber Flow Analysis
- Describe the fiber orientation theory
- Learn how to search for fiber filled material, set up fiber flow analysis and interpret results
- Learn how to set up multi-cavity model
- Discuss the use of occurrence number
- Learn how to analyze family tools including finding processing conditions, adding studies together and runner balancing