In this course, students will learn features, functionalities and workflows in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser through hands-on exercises. Students learn how to become more efficient in evaluating digital prototypes, running analysis and interpreting results of all analysis types available in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser.
To guide and teach students skills in performing FEA analysis and understanding analysis results using Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser.
What Will You Learn?
- How to complete cool, fill, pack, and warp analysis.
- Evaluate CAD geometry, runners and cooling systems.
- How to determine the reliability of your simulation results.
Who Should Attend?
New user of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser. Prior mold analysis experience is not necessary.
- Learn how to navigate and use interface
- Learn how to customize databases
Design Adviser Analysis
- Learn how to import and check models from CAD systems
- Check models for draft, thickness and undercuts
Quick Fill, Pack, Warp Analysis
- Complete fill + pack + warp analysis
- Step through the general process typically used for any analysis projectess and undercuts
- Gate placement guidelines
- Uses of the gate location analysis
- Describes the procedures to follow to complete the analysis
- Interpret gate location analysis results
- Describes procedures to follow to complete molding window analysis
- Learn to interpret molding window analysis result
Evaluating Part Design
- Review part design guidelines
- Learn about analysis sequences
- Results visualization tools
- Cost adviser tools
- Input parameter used for filling, sink mark and cooling quality analyses
Autodesk Moldflow Communicator
- Learn where to obtain the installer
- Review features and capabilities
- Review how to create MFR
- Learn how to output results from multiple study files
- Show ways to create reports
- Review available report formats
- Review typical gate and runner designs
- Learn how to model feed system
Runner Adviser & Runner Balance
- Review the importance of balancing runner system
- Learn how to balance runners
- Learn how to set up runner adviser analysis to obtain optimum runner size
Pack & Warp Analysis
- Review concepts of pack/hold for injection molding
- Learn how to set packing settings
- Learn about packing and warpage results and how to use them
Modeling Cooling Circuits
- Learn how to model cooling circuits with various cooling geometries •
- Learn how to set coolant properties
Cooling Analysis Overview
- Review concepts of cooling for injection molding
- Learn about cooling results and how to use them