Essentials Course Overview
This course will introduce you to the 3D mechanical design within Autodesk Inventor. You will learn about part modeling, parts assembly and creating production-ready part and assembly drawings. You will also learn how to create a simple animation for your model.
The primary objective of this courseware is to provide students with a thorough understanding of the principal 3D design, validation, and documentation processes necessary for developing products using Autodesk Inventor.
What Will You Learn?
- Using proper techniques and recommended workflows for creating 3D parts.
- Create, place and constrain components in assembly.
- Simulate mechanisms, animate assembly designs, and check for interferences.
- Document designs and assemblies using appropriate drawing views.
Who Should Attend?
New user of Autodesk Inventor.
Connecting to Inventor’s Interface
- Modeling concept and workflow in Autodesk Inventor
- Exploring Autodesk Inventor’s graphical user interface
- Differentiate Autodesk Inventor files type
- Using visualization tolls
- Working with project file
Sketching and Modeling Techniques in Part Design
- Sketching with dimension and constraints control
- Sketching on solid face
- Editing on sketching and part modeling
- Fillet and chamfer on solid
- Creating hole in 3D solid
- Setting application option
Advanced Modeling Techniques
- Creating complex sweep and loft
- Creating shell on solid model
- Multi-body parts
- Pattern features
Creating 2D Drawings from 3D Data
- Place views of a part in appropriate position
- Editing views visualization
- Adding details to drawing views
Assembly Design Workflows
- Understanding grounded component concept
- Apply proper constraint in assembly
- Applying item from content center
- Differentiate main and sub-assembly
- Importance of Bill of Materials
Advanced Assembly and Engineering Tools
- Top-down design
- Use assembly design accelerator to save workload
- Working with express mode
Customizing Styles and Templates
- Customize style editor
- Defining a new material
- Utilize drawing resources in Autodesk Inventor drawing
- Understanding concept of template in Autodesk Inventor
- Creating a quick-start template
Creating Advanced Drawing and Detailing
- Understanding and using advanced drawing views
- Differentiate sketching on drawing paper on view
- Utilize advanced drawing annotation tools
Creating Image and Animation from Design Model
- Benefit of manually or automatically exploded view
- Learn better way to present your product
- Making a movie of the assembly
- Understand the overall workflow of Autodesk Inventor
Working with NonInventor Data
- Exploring data formats for import and export
- Sharing AutoCAD data information
Automating the Design Process and TableDriven Design
- Building a table-driven product
- Controlling table option