Advanced Tube and Pipe Design Course Overview
This course will introduce you the fundamental principles for creating and documenting rigid tube, flexible hose and piping systems. You will learn about features for setting tube and pipe style, adding runs and routes to mechanical assemblies or product designs, populating selected routes with library components and adding optional fitting.
The primary objective of this courseware is to provide students the recommended workflows and basic skills needed to design and document rigid tubing, flexible hose, and piping systems using Autodesk Inventor.
What Will You Learn?
- Describe the tube and pipe environment.
- Set up routes and runs and place initial fittings in your tube and pipe design.
- Create, edit and manage routes for rigid pipe, rigid tube and flexible hose designs.
- Manage content libraries, publish custom content to libraries.
- Document tube and pipe designs through the creation of 2D drawings and parts lists and export 3D data.
Who Should Attend?
Users of Autodesk Inventor Essentials.
Introduction to Tube and Pipe
- Understand tube and pipe environment
- Understand routes, run and sub-assembly structure
- Comparison between assembly and file structure
Setup for Routes and Runs
- Exploring tube and pipe styles
- Authoring tube and pipe components
- Placing fittings
Routes and Runs
- Creating rigid routes with more method
- Sketching rigid routes
- Editing rigid routes
- Working with fittings in rigid routes
- Flexible hose routes
- Leveraging routes and runs
Fittings and Components
- Exporting ISOGEN
- Managing libraries
- Customize library content
- Managing library content
- Creating tube and pipe styles
Documenting Tube and Pipe Assemblies
- Representing tube and pipe designs
- Documenting routes and runs
- Exporting tube and pipe design data