PORTABLE 3D SCANNERS: HANDYSCAN 3D
When accuracy meets portability. Introducing the HandySCAN 3D laser scanners.
The HandySCAN 3D™ handheld scanners of new generation have been optimized to meet the needs of product development and engineering professionals on the lookout for the most effective and reliable way to acquire 3D measurements of physical objects.
Creaform’s flagship metrology-grade scanners underwent a complete re-engineering, building on its core assets. They are now more portable and they are faster at delivering accurate and high resolution 3D scans while remaining overly simple to use. Yet, it is their true portability that has changed the rules and set a whole new trend in the 3D scanning market.
HandySCAN 3D™ Overview Video
HandySCAN 3D™ Video
- 25 times faster than the previous generation
- 40% more accurate
- Improved ergonomy:
- 35% lighter
- 50% smaller
- Greater freedom of movement
- Multi-function buttons for easier interaction with the software
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.002 in.), high repeatability and traceable certificate.
- Accuracy in real-life conditions: regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user.
- No rigid setup required: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Self-positioning: the HandySCAN 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- Reliable: consistent and repeatable results across all work conditions or environments.
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
- Stand-alone device: there is no need for an external positioning system, arms, tripod or fixture.
- On-the-go scanning: you can take it from place to place or use it in-house or on site.
- Lightweight: weights under 1 kg.
- Small: Fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
- Easy access to confined spaces: thanks to its small size and flexible stand-off distance.
- Fastest 3D scanner on the market: 25 times faster than the previous generation.
- Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 480,000 measures/s.
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files, right as you complete acquisition.
- Quick workflow integration: usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD software without post-processing.
- User-friendly: very short learning curve, regardless of the user’s experience level.
- Quick set-up: up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Direct mesh output: no complicated alignment or point cloud processing.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or color.
|HandySCAN 300™||HandySCAN 700™|
|Looking for the most efficient way to reverse engineer and/or design? The HandySCAN 300 is a reliable tool that will help you get there.||The HandySCAN 700 offers increased accuracy and resolution. It is the most versatile 3D scanner on the market for inspection and demanding reverse engineering.|
|Accuracy||Up to 0.040 mm (0.0016 in.)||Up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.)|
|Volumetric accuracy*||0.020 mm + 0.100 mm/m
(0.0008 in. + 0.0012 in./ft)
|0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m
(0.0008 in. + 0.0007 in./ft)
|Volumetric accuracy (with maxshot 3D)*||0.020 mm + 0.025 mm/m (0.0008 in. + 0.0003 in./ft)|
|Resolution||0.100 mm (0.0039 in.)||0.050 mm (0.0020 in.)|
|Measurement rate||205,000 measurements/s||480,000 measurements/s|
|Light source||3 laser crosses||7 laser crosses (+1 extra line)|
|Laser class||2M (eye-safe)|
|Scanning area||225 x 250 mm
(8.8 x 9.8 in.)
|275 x 250 mm
(10.8 x 9.8 in.)
|Stand-off distance||300 mm (11.8 in.)|
|Depth of field||250 mm (9.8 in.)|
|Part size range
|0.1 – 4 m (0.3 – 13 ft)|
|Output formats||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr|
|Compatible software||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Dassault (CATIA V5 and SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens (NX and Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage).|
|Weight||0.85 kg (1.9 lbs.)|
|Dimensions||77 x 122 x 294 mm (3.0 x 4.8 x 11.6 in.)|
|Connection standard||1 X USB 3.0|
|Operating temperature range||5-40 °C (41-104 °F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10-90%|
The Go!SCAN 3D scanners: your best ally at all stages of your product lifecycle management
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Competitive product analysis
- Measurement of product environment or connecting/Surrounding parts
- Measurement of existing parts for aftermarket or custom equipment
- Clay model measurement/Reverse engineering
- Models and mock-ups measurement/Reverse engineering
- Styling and aesthetics
- Integration of prototype modifications into CAD file
- Form study, proof-of-concept prototypes
- Ergonomy prototypes
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Reverse engineering (extracting design-intent)
- Packaging design
TESTING, SIMULATION AND ANALYSIS
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Interference analysis
- Deformation, geometry analysis
- Virtual assembly
- Tool/Robot path programming
- Part assessment before machining
- As-built documentation of parts/Tooling
- Marketing presentations, 3D training systems, serious gaming
- Digital archiving
- Reverse engineering for developing replacement /Restoration parts
- Planning of complex assemblies disassembly/Dismantling
- Museology/Heritage preservation
- Preservation, restoration and digital archiving
- 3D scanning for research, analysis and publishing
- Computer graphics and special effects