PORTABLE COORDINATE MEASURING MACHINE: HANDYPROBE NEXT
The new generation handheld optical coordinate measuring machine (PCMM)
Manufacturers and production managers can use portable 3D measurement technologies to enable considerably greater flexibility and efficiency in performing quality control (QC) operations directly on the production floor. The HandyPROBE Next™ portable CMM provides measurement accuracy that is insensitive to the instabilities of any environment. Free of any rigid measurement setup, the portable CMM outperforms traditional portable CMMs on the shop floor. The C-Track optical tracker and wireless probe can be moved at any time during the measurement sequence and generate the same high-quality data.
This metrology inspection solution helps manufacturing companies eliminate inefficiencies in the manufacturing process and avoid unnecessary expenses.
- Hybrid positioning: uses the parts’ natural geometry and color.
- Point-and-shoot: no need to prepare parts. Just go!
- User-friendly: no experience required, up-and-running in minutes.
- Scan in color: allows for seamless capture of high-quality geometry and colors simultaneously.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Stand-alone device: the part is the reference, no external positioning system needed.
- On-the-go scanning: fits into a carry-on case, so you can use it both in-house or on site.
- Lightweight and small: weighs under 1 kg (2.2 lb.), can reach confined areas. Fits into a carry-on.
- Fast: typical objects are scanned in 5 minutes or less.
- High measurement rate: capture large amount of 3D data for faster scanning.
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files (geometry and color), right as you complete acquisition.
- Quick workflow integration: usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD/3D printing software without post-processing.
- Professionnal-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.1 mm (0.004 in.) and resolution of up to 0.1 mm (0.004 in.).
- Built-in intelligence: ensures that 3D data is high-quality and accurate.
- Optional targets: possible to use targets to compensate for an object’s lack of positioning information.
- No rigid setup required: both the part and the scanner can be moved during scanning.
|Go!SCAN 20™||Go!SCAN 50™|
|Thanks to its increased resolution, the Go!SCAN 20 is perfectly suited for scanning small parts with intricate details.||with its larger field of view, the Go!SCAN 50 model is ideal for scanning medium to large objects quickly and effortlessly.|
|Accuracy||Up to 0.100 mm (0.004 in.)|
|Volumetric accuracy*||0.300 mm/m (0.0036 in./ft)|
|Resolution||0.100 mm (0.004 in.)||0.500 mm (0.020 in.)|
|Measurement rate||550,000 measurements/s|
|Light source||White light (LED)|
|Positioning methods||Geometry and/or color and/or targets|
|Scanning area||143 x 108 mm
(5.6 in x 4.3 in)
|380 x 380 mm
(15 in. x 15 in.)
|Stand-off distance||380 mm (15 in.)||400 mm (15.75 in.)|
|Depth of field||100 mm (4 in.)||250 mm (10 in.)|
|Part size range
|0.05 – 0.5 m (2 – 20 in.)||0.3 – 3.0 m (1 – 10 ft)|
|Texture resolution||50 to 250 DPI||50 to 150 DPI|
|Texture colors||24 bits|
|Output formats||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr|
|Compatible software||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Dassault Systèmes (CATIA V5 and SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens (NX and Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage).|
|Weight||930 g (2.05 lbs.)||950 g (2.1 lbs.)|
|Dimensions||154 x 178 x 235 mm
(6 x 7 x 9.2 in.)
|150 x 171 x 251 mm
(5.9 x 6.7 x 9.9 in.)
|Connection standard||1 x USB 2.0|
|Operating temperature range||15-40 °C (41-104 °F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10-90%|
The Go!SCAN 3D scanners: your best ally at all stages of your product lifecycle management
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Competitive product analysis
- Measurement of product environment or connecting/Surrounding parts
- Measurement of existing parts for aftermarket or custom equipment
- Clay model measurement/Reverse engineering
- Models and mock-ups measurement/Reverse engineering
- Styling and aesthetics
- Integration of prototype modifications into CAD file
- Form study, proof-of-concept prototypes
- Ergonomy prototypes
- 3D scan-to-CAD
- Reverse engineering (extracting design-intent)
- Packaging design
TESTING, SIMULATION AND ANALYSIS
- Finite element analysis (FEA)
- Interference analysis
- Deformation, geometry analysis
- Virtual assembly
- Tool/Robot path programming
- Part assessment before machining
- As-built documentation of parts/Tooling
- Marketing presentations, 3D training systems, serious gaming
- Digital archiving
- Reverse engineering for developing replacement /Restoration parts
- Planning of complex assemblies disassembly/Dismantling
- Heritage preservation
- Digital archiving
- 3D scanning for research
- Analysis and publishing
- Computer graphics and special effects.