Mechanical design software for manufacturing
Built for manufacturing, AutoCAD® Mechanical engineering design software includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus libraries of standards-based parts and tools to help accelerate mechanical CAD.
Get AutoCAD Mechanical in the Product Design Collection
Get more out of AutoCAD Mechanical when you get it as part of the Product Design Collection, including Inventor Professional and other product design tools at an attractive price.
Get more in a collection
Our new industry collections put AutoCAD together with the most essential Autodesk software and services—simply, conveniently, and at an attractive price.
AutoCAD Mechanical features
700,000 standard parts and features
Produce accurate drawings with standard components.
Associative balloons and bills of materials
Create automated part lists and BOMs
Document 3D CAD models
Detail native Inventor part and assembly models.
Automate common design tasks while simplifying drawing documentation with powerful features in AutoCAD Mechanical software that help you to:
Produce more accurate, consistent drawings and increase productivity with a new 700,000 standard parts library that reduces the need to draw many mechanical designs from scratch. Library includes:
- Screws, nuts, and washers
- Pins, rivets, and bushings
- Plugs, lubricators, and sealing rings
- Bearing and shaft components
- Structural steel shapes
- Through, tapped, blind, and oblong holes
- Undercuts, keyways, and thread ends
Collaborate more easily and productively with:
- Part publishing support for custom parts that allows you to create and share custom parts within your organization.
- Automated and associative parts lists and BOMs (bills of material) that update as you make design changes, helping you keep team members updated and on-task throughout.
- Content manager live update allows you to get live updates to your standard parts library and optionally, those within your drawings.
Save time by easily re-editing features without having to remove and re-create the original features. New reusable mechanical drawing detailing tools include:
- Detail views—create linked views at different scales
- Hole charts—Automatically update charts for the shop floor
- Title and revision blocks—English and metric versions are available
- Spend less time on repetitive tasks and more time creating with tools that automate common processes and help improve efficiency:
- Layer management system places items on the correct layer, with correct color and line type, as you work.
- Eliminate the need for time-consuming redrawing with hidden lines that update as you make changes.
- Create parts according to your specifications and save time when building mechanisms manually with new machinery generators and calculators. Reports and analytics for the designs are provided as you work and make changes.
- Quickly access files, blocks, line types, and styles with Content Explorer, which creates an index of data based on where you instruct it to look.
- Create multiple dimensions with minimal input. Abbreviated dialog boxes and smart dimensioning tools force overlapping dimensions to automatically space themselves more appropriately.
More value, more flexibility, more simplicity
Access to a wide selection of essential 3D design software for the work you do
Get the tools you need now and in the future, as the collection and your business evolves.
Get access to the specific AutoCAD software designed for your work
Increase productivity using the AutoCAD intended for your work, such as AutoCAD Electrical or AutoCAD Mechanical.
Choose the individual products that you want to use
Download and install what you want, whenever you like—whether it’s for occasional use, to meet requirements of a particular project or client, or to explore new workflows.
Use mobile apps and take advantage of the power of the cloud
View and create rich visualizations, work in the field, and store your designs.