CAD electrical design software
AutoCAD® Electrical software includes all the functionality of familiar AutoCAD software plus a complete set of electrical design CAD features.
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical, part of the Autodesk solution for Digital Prototyping, is AutoCAD software for controls designers, purpose-built to create and modify electrical control systems. It contains all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating control engineering tasks, such as building circuits, numbering wires, and creating bills of material. AutoCAD Electrical provides a library of more than 700,000 electrical symbols and components, includes real-time error checking, and enables electrical and mechanical teams to collaborate on digital prototypes built with Autodesk Inventor software. AutoCAD Electrical offers control engineers a competitive edge by helping save hours of effort, so they can spend more time innovating.
AutoCAD Electrical Overview Video
Get AutoCAD Electrical in the Product Design Collection
Get more out of AutoCAD Electrical when you get it as part of the Product Design Collection, including Inventor Professional and other product design tools at an attractive price.
Get more in a collection
Our new industry collections put AutoCAD together with the most essential Autodesk software and services—simply, conveniently, and at an attractive price.
Automate common design tasks and facilitate drafting productivity with AutoCAD Electrical design software’s new features that help:
- Electromechanical workflows between AutoCAD Electrical and Autodesk Inventor provide a better integration of the electrical design with the mechanical assembly, allowing real time associativity, management and cross-product updates.
- Increase efficiency and quickly build standards-based electrical control designs using frequently used devices. New electrical schematic symbol library includes support for electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic standards.
- Reduce time spent tracking changes and checking for errors with automatic wire numbering and component tagging capabilities, which automatically assign unique wire numbers and component tags to electrical schematic drawings based on the chosen configuration.
- Avoid costly errors with automatic monitors and alerts that flag missing or incorrect wire numbers as you work. Improve design efficiency by catching and removing errors during the design process.
- Create, save, and reuse commonly used circuits to improve productivity. Use Circuit Builder to create electrical schematic designs based on wire material type, ambient temperature, and maximum voltage.
- Save time spent running multiple reports with new automatic report generation tools that create reports covering bill of materials (BOMs), from/to wire lists, PLC I/O, terminal plans, and more. Easily sort and filter data to create customized reports and run them with a single command.
- Create smart panel layout drawings that help save you time by automatically linking a device to its representation when it’s inserted into a layout. Export terminal data to an xml file that can be imported into Wago ProServe or Phoenix Contact.
- Increase the accuracy of your electrical designs by managing and editing terminals and jumpers through the simplified Terminal Strip Editor interface.
- Enhance documentation of your schematics with hyperlinked multipage PDFs of your schematic diagrams that can cross-reference and navigate the device with intelligent hyperlinks.