Advanced Course Overview
This course introduce you the advanced features, tools, and techniques of AutoCAD. You will learn about the advanced skill in 2D and explore 3D user interface within AutoCAD. The hands-on exercises guide you to create general designs and engineering production drawings efficiently.
Provide students to build on the basic concept in AutoCAD Essentials and the basic commands necessary for professional 3D drawing, design, and drafting using AutoCAD.
What Will You Learn?
- Copy a drawing from photo
- Design and print drawing by using advanced method.
- Navigate AutoCAD 3D user interface.
- Use the fundamental features and precision drafting tools in AutoCAD 3D to develop accurate drawings.
- Present drawings in a detailed and visually impressive manner.
Who Should Attend?
Users of AutoCAD Essentials.
Transform Existing Drawing from Other Sources
- Method for converting paper drawing.
- Import raster image
- Working with raster image
- Working with PDF files in AutoCAD
- Coordinating geographic location
Advanced Editing and Organizing
- Using external references
- Managing layer
- Filter and quick select
- Using QuickCalc calculator
Laying Out Your Printer Output
- Understand paper and model space
- Paper space viewports and shaping viewports
- Paper space drawing
Making “Smart” Drawings
- Comparison between normal and “smart” drawing
- Constrained geometry manually or automatically
- Dimensional constraint
- Using formulas to control and link dimensions
- Editing the constraint options
- Putting constraints to use
- What is Block Editor
- Create a Dynamics Block
- Constrain Dynamics Block
- Adding a list of predefined option
- Creating multiple shapes in one block
- Rotating objects in unison
- Filling in a space automatically with objects
- Including block information with data extraction
- Creating a polyline spline curve
- Using true spline curves
- Marking divisions on curves
Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings
- Finding the area of closed boundaries
- Getting general information
- Using the dxf file format to exchange CAD Data
- Using AutoCAD Drawing in page layout programs
- Using OLE to import data
- Introduce to the 3D workspace
- View and visual style control
- 3D navigation tools
- Introduction to the user coordinate system
- Working with the user coordinate system
- Working with solid primitives
- Working with composite solids
- Solid primitive type
Creating Solid from 2D Object
- Complex 3D geometry
- Revolved solids
- Fillets and chamfers on solids
- Sweeping and lofting
- Creating a shell
Modifying in 3D Space
- 3D Gizmo tools
- Aligning objects in 3D space
- 3D modify commands
- Working with materials
- Rendering concepts
Working Drawing from 3D Models
- Creating multiple viewports
- 2D views from 3D solids
- 3D model import
- Automatic model documentation